Sound Dust has launched Plastic Ghost Piano, a convolution based hybrid piano instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The piano sample set was made by sending bursts of controlled noise through unsuspecting piano samples used as convolution reverb impulses.
Plastic Ghost Piano is designed to be a warm, analogue sounding hybrid piano with real character and lots of sonic possibilities that range from warm, woody and expressive acoustic piano to “blissed out orchestral shoegaze haze”.
Plastic Ghost Piano features
- 549MB of 24-bit samples with up to 23 velocity levels per note.
- Advanced architecture with automatable control of everything.
- Sample start control.
- Ghost Engine with per voice algorithmic reverb.
- Noise Engine with per voice distortion and filtering.
- 69 specially created convolution reverb impulses recorded from real spaces, expensive hardware, and some less obvious sources including a Roland Space Echo, Lexicon reverb and the stage of Glyndebourne Opera House.
- 6 deeply multisampled sound articulations; Dark Ghost convolution, Pale Ghost convolution, Hohner Pianet, Convolved “plastic” piano, palm mute Stratocaster and Release Piano.
- Leslie effect, cabinet modelling and morphing EQ.
- Selectable and adjustable release group.
- Round robin sample swapping.
- MIDI timing jitter.
- 25 “starter” presets.
- Built-in instruction manual.
The library is available for the introductory price of £20 until October 18th, 2014 (regular £25 GBP). Requires full version of Kontakt 4 or above.
More information: Sound Dust