Sound Magic has released Bamboo Dreams BaWu, a virtual Chinese wind instrument.
Although shaped like a flute, it is actually a free reed instrument, with a single metal reed. It is played in a transverse (horizontal) manner. It has a pure, clarinet-like timbre and its playing technique incorporates the use of much ornamentation, particularly bending tones. The bawu likely originated in the Yunnan province of southwest China, it has become a standard instrument throughout China, used in modern Chinese compositions for traditional instrument ensembles. The instrument is also closely associated with Hmong, Yi, Hani and other minority cultures in southwestern China. It is typically used as a solo instrument, and is often featured in film scores; it is sometimes also heard in popular music recordings.
This over 1GB (500MB after compression) library covers nearly all existing performance skills of Bawu, with over 9 categories and 30 variations.
To ensure the maximum accuracy and musicality in the reproduction of this complex and beautiful sound, Sound Magic invited the virtuoso from the prestigious China National Philharmonic to record their wide variety of sounds. To make it easier for you to sound like one of these world reknowned Bawu performers, Sound Magic has developed a simpler set of controls to let you control all 30 skills on the fly.
Bamboo Dreams BaWu features
- High Quality 24Bit/96KHz Resolution Samples.
- VSTi/AU/ Kontakt Format, VSTi supports Sound Magic’s Add-on System.
- Patented Multi-Dimension Vector Synthesis (MVS) Technologies.
- Over 1GB size and 500MB after compression.
- Key Switch, Mod switch different groups of samples.
- Multi Layer Velocity Sample provides realistic experience.
- Over 9 categories, 30 kinds of performance skills.
The Bamboo Dreams BaWu costs 79 EUR.