Sound Magic has announced the release of its latest virtual instrument Guqin, featuring the sounds of a plucked 7-string Chinese musical instrument.
Guqin is one of the most difficult instruments to record because it’s weak in dynamic and has more mechanical noises in close recordings. In order to get the best result, Sound Magic chooses a masterpiece from one of the most formidable qin manufacturers in Beijing. This Guqin is designed based on the famous Tang Qin dating from Tang Dynasty, which is 1200 years ago. And has a more impact, better in resonance and transparent sound than common Guqin. Finally, we got this priceless instrument into a virtual instrument.
Our Guqin Virtual Instrument is designed for simplicity; we make all techniques possible finish in one track. With our unique performance key switch system. Which you can switch techniques fluently and easily. Modeling technology also provides support for real-time interaction and change on sound. For example, you can smooth change from a plain sound to a full vibrato sound. That is difficult to achieve by sampling technology. And this adds more realism to the final sound.
- Deeply sampled, Over 1,600 samples, 3GB sample data.
- Modeled Vibrato, Bending, Glide, and Glissando.
- Innovative Performance Key Switch system.
- Embodied high-quality reverb and EQ.
- Comprehensive Envelope system.
- Scala Tuning System can emulate the old system used in ancient China.
- DFD/RAM system enables users to relocate resources and ensure the best performance under every individual project.
- Differnt GUI mode for standard resolution and 4K resolution.
Guqin for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) has a MSRP of $149 USD. It is on sale for the introductory price of $99 USD until October 24th, 2020.
More information: Sound Magic