Sound Magic has announced its latest hybrid virtual instrument Konghou, featuring the sounds of the Kong Hou, an ancient Chinese harp.
The konghou became extinct sometime in the Ming Dynasty. It was revived in the 20th century as a double bridge harp; the modern version of the instrument does not resemble the ancient one, but its shape is similar to Western concert harps.
This deeply sampled 22GB Library is the most detailed sampled konghou ever. It features 3 microphone perspectives that can also easily convert to 5.1 surround. And by using the latest hybrid modeling technology, it can also represent glissando, vibrato, bending and harmonic more vivid than other sampled instrument.
Konghou is also a very expressive instrument, the playability from modeling technology enables it to change timbre real time during playing, and this gives the sound more varieties and expressive than sampled instrument. What is more, we also include different playing noise inside the library so it can achieve a result you cannot even differentiate from the real ones.
- Deeply sampled, Over 12,000 samples, 22GB raw samples (11GB on disk space).
- 3 Microphone perspective that easily converts to 5.1 surround sound.
- Modeled Vibrato, Bending, Glide, and Glissando.
- Variety Noise sample enables vivid performance for solo.
- Innovative Performance Key Switch system.
- Embodied high-quality reverb and EQ.
- Comprehensive Envelop system.
- Scala Tuning System can emulate the old system used in ancient China.
- DFD/RAM system enables users to relocate resources and ensure the best performance under every individual project.
- Different GUI mode for standard resolution and 4K resolution.
Konghou for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for 129 EUR/$149 USD/£119 GBP.
More information: Sound Magic