Sound Magic has announced the release of Piano One, a free concert piano instrument.
The Sound of Piano One comes from the Yamaha C7 concert grand, a true workhorse in the professional piano world, appearing on famous concert stages, in international competitions and in prestigious music events throughout the world.
By utilizing the Sound Magic Hybrid Modeling Engine, Piano One offers both the Realistic Sound of Sampling and the Playability of Modeling. Hybrid Modeling provides an instantaneous feeling – no delay – and a truer and richer sound than canbe created with either sampling or modeling alone. What’s more, Piano One utilizes only 150MB, which is quite a small footprint, making Piano One usable even on older PCs. There is no waiting time when loading and the CPU usage is so small that it’s virtually unnoticeable.
Piano One features
- Sound Magic Hybrid Modeling Technology.
- Add-on System (needs internet connection).
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three kinds of pedals.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
Piano One is currently available as a free download for Windows (32-bit VST). Mac AU/VST and 64-bit coming.