Sound Radix has announced Drum Leveler, a new beat detection-based downward and upward compressor/expander.
By selectively applying gain to single drum beats, Drum Leveler easily achieves the desired target level for each beat, without affecting bleed noise or beats that are out of the user-defined processing range.
Unlike traditional envelope-followers that detect incoming levels and utilize VCA to apply gain changes, Drum Leveler runs an advanced new algorithm that takes full advantage of the digital domain – allowing unparalleled control over your drums’ dynamics.
Drum Leveler is powerful yet easy to use. It will help you achieve solid driving grooves, improve clarity and add punch to any percussive performance.
Drum Leveler features
- Transparent, beat detection-based simultaneous upward & downward compressor/expander.
- Applies gain to each beat individually to achieve set target level.
- Gain change is applied right at the start of the beat, to avoid compressor artifacts within the beat.
- Set a gain processing range to affect only specific beats within a track.
- Easy to use and Intuitive user interface.
Drum Leveler is currently in beta and will be available in November 2014.
More information: Sound Radix