Sound Radix has released a major update to POWAIR, a compressor/loudness leveler effect plugin for Windows and macOS.
Version 1.1 includes various improvements, bug fixes, new features and a completely rewritten user manual by audio educator and frequent MIX Magazine contributor, Brandon Hickey.
POWAIR was designed to be a smarter, more natural sounding compressor. It’s a dual-stage loudness leveler / compressor / limiter powered by a novel, proprietary compression engine which provides greater transparency and control than ever before.
Changes in POWAIR v1.1
- Added peak clipping options.
- Added user-definable meter peak hold.
- Improved performance.
- Added UI scaling (75% – 200%).
- Limiting is now based on true-peak.
- SCF – improved filter phase-response.
- Pro Tools (AAX), Studio One 3.x (VST3) – support gain reduction meter.
- Pro Tools (AAX) – support automation key modifiers.
- Presets names are now being stored and recalled.
- Bypass makes UI grayscale.
- Minor UI tweaks and improvements.
- Fixed: A/B states were not properly stored and recalled.
- Fixed: Meters/Leveler did not clear state when playing after stopping.
- Fixed: VST denormalization-related performance issues.
- Fixed: Possible crash on Digital Performer (VST).
- Fixed: Input meter could show noise-floor instead of silence.
- Fixed: Various cosmetic UI inconsistencies.
- Fixed: SCF – possible crash when LF was set to highest frequency.
- Fixed: SCF – Solo didn’t work when the compressor was off.
- Fixed: M/S mode was processed in Leveler stage.
- Fixes & improvements to auto gain compensation and side-chain compression.
- FixedL Switching between Mono/Stereo instance on Logic X could lead to a crash.
- FixedL AAX with side-chain could produce silence when rendered offline. (Commit/Freeze/Bounce Offline).
- FixedL VST3 might not work with Direct Offline Processing.
- FixedL In some settings, dry signal could be not dry.
- FixedL Possible crash when inputting out-of-range values.
- Fixes & improvements to Windows installer.
POWAIR (VST/VST3/AU/AAX) is available for $149 USD.
More information: Sounds Radix