SoundFonts.it has released Tape Echo GS-201, an accurate simulation of a Japanese Tape Echo machine of the early seventies.
- Distinctive dynamic range and frequency response
- Realistic response to the panel controls
- Motor “wow and flutter”
- Sound degradation and distortion at high feedback levels
- Very natural hum and background tape noise
- Three different kinds of magnetic tape models
- Ultra-low CPU usage
Tape Echo GS-201 is available for Windows (VST) and currently has an introductory price of 14 Euro (offer valid until 30 September 2007, normal price is 19 Euro).
A demo version is available for download. Demo Limitations: shows a nag screen and is muted for the first 5 seconds, then plays a white noise for 3 seconds every 10.
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information, audio demos and a link to download the demo version.