Plugin Boutique has launched an exclusive sale on Soundiron’s Frendo, a Kontakt library featuring the sounds of a custom-built instrument.
Soundiron created this monster by stringing bailing wire around and through steel plates and bolts, over galvanized steel piping and across wood planks. It was meant to suffer. You can help by mistreating it in horrible ways with screwdrivers, bows, drum sticks, mallets and fingers. The instrument holds a vast amount of otherworldly sounds, which is ideal for composers looking for new disturbing, horror-like textures for their scores.
Frendo is partially a mallet instrument, recorded with wooden and rubber mallets, but is also a more traditional string instrument since Soundiron recorded finger plucks and bows. It’s the sound of Satan’s cello, weeping softly for your burning soul.
- One master NKI instrument bank in open Kontakt format.
- Mallets, Plucks, Scrapes, Stabs, Sustains, Tremolo, Slides, and SFX on an experimental acoustic monstrosity.
- 52 Ambience patches created from the source content.
- 25 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets.
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator.
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments.
Available for the full version of Kontakt 5.5 or higher, Frendo is priced $29 USD until December 12th, 2021 (regular $39 USD).
More information: Soundiron