SoundSwitch has announced an update to the SoundSwitch software that offers DJs the ability to seamlessly integrate DMX lighting with live audio.
Version 2.2 makes it easier than ever for DJs to sync exciting lighting effects to the most dramatic points in the music, thanks to its all-new Phrase Detection Algorithm that automatically detects song characteristics and major music sections.
The update also introduces a major autoscript upgrade, refreshed user interface, new hardware support as well as a number of usability improvements and stability enhancements.
“The new phrase detection feature greatly increases the speed, power and accuracy of SoundSwitch’s existing Autoscripting feature,” said SoundSwitch’s Product Owner, Matt Watkins. “Results that were once the domain of advanced users, via the manual tools, can now be achieved in seconds, automatically. It’s a feature upgrade that changes the landscape for the DJ lighting industry.”
SoundSwitch v2.2. features
- Advanced Lighting Automation: SoundSwitch’s already impressive autoscript feature undergoes a significant upgrade with speed improvements and individual light fixture assignments. The DMX universe menu now offers Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Wash and Spot fixture assignments as well as Strobe/Blinder assignment. The new advanced lighting automation with individual fixture assignments creates professional and immersive light shows automatically, all within seconds.
- Automated Phrase Detection: This exciting new feature automatically detects major music sections including intros and outros, main one and two sections as well as middle and bridge sections. In addition, the Automated Phrase Detection can also identify unique musical features such as drops, breakdowns and build-ups within each of these sections. In the past this would have been a manual process, but now with v2.2 it’s automated and easier than ever.
- Refreshed User Interface: In version 2.2, users will experience a more modern and cleaner working space. The new UI now offers a quick access Automation button, and a new Automation Settings window loaded with presets and advanced features to fully customize autoscripted light shows.
- New DJ Hardware Support: SoundSwitch v2.2 is now compatible with the latest standalone offerings from Denon DJ: the SC6000, SC6000M, X1850, PRIME 2 and PRIME GO. In the Preferences page, a new option for Engine OS has been added where users can select between Players + Mixer or All-in-One.
- Ability to duplicate venues (fixture information only).
- Ability to clear, double and half beat grids.
- Ability to copy and paste between venues (single track only).
- Multiple stability enhancements and improvements.
SoundSwitch is free to try with a compatible DMX interface. Subscriptions are $7.99 USD per month or $79.99 USD annually.
More information: SoundSwitch