Source Audio has announced the release of the Nemesis Delay, a powerful stereo delay pedal featuring 24 distinct effect engines ranging from vintage tape, analog, and oil can delays to highly advanced pitch shifting, reverse, filter modulating, and rhythmic delays.
The Nemesis features sophisticated 56-bit processing, eight onboard presets, multiple delay taps, a hold function, tap tempo, full MIDI control, deep editing functionality with the Neuro Mobile App, and much more.
“Three years of tireless research and development went into the sound engineering and design of the Nemesis Delay,” says Source Audio president, Roger Smith. “I challenged Jesse, Bob and Brett to create the industry’s most powerful and flexible delay pedal in a small easy-to-use format. I think they pulled it off brilliantly. Nemesis is a thrilling delay pedal.”
The Nemesis Delay captures the full spectrum of delay effects, starting with a comprehensive collection of meticulously crafted vintage delay tones. The Source Audio engineering team spent over a year studying numerous iconic and sought-after tape and bucket brigade delay units with the steadfast mission of identifying their every nuance and idiosyncrasy. The Nemesis’ Tape, Noise Tape and Slapback delays capture all the characteristic flutter, warmth, and color that give vintage tape delay machines like the Echoplex and Space Echo their classic charm. The Analog delay engine beautifully achieves the resonant peaks combined with the high and low frequency decay that typifies classic bucket brigade delay pedals. The Nemesis’ Digital delay manufactures pristine, high-definition repeats with or without filtering effects for a classic rack-system tone.
At the opposite end of the spectrum, users will find an advanced collection of sophisticated and specialized delay effects. The Shifter delay generates perfect polyphonic pitch intervals with repeats jumping to either an octave (up or down), major or minor third, 4th, or 5th. Sweeper applies modulating filter effects to repeats for a unique delay/wah hybrid tone. Backwards effects like Helix and Reverse provide a perfect blend of chaos and control with multi-tap reverse patterns and angelic pitch shifting effects. The Rhythmic delay features an engaging and musical collection of non-standard multi-tap delay patterns.
Nemesis Delay features
- 24 Delay Engines — Nemesis features 12 onboard delay engines accessible via the center selector wheel, plus an additional 12 delays downloadable via the Neuro Mobile App.
- 128 Presets — Save up to eight presets accessible via the onboard controls or save up to 128 presets recallable with MIDI program change (PC) messages.
- Stereo Input and Output Jacks — Create dramatic stereo ping-pong delays, stereo phase inversion, or set up an external effects loops, pre or post delay.
- Tap Tempo — Tap in the delay time with the onboard tap tempo switch. Beat divisions include quarter notes, dotted eighth, and triplets.
- Hold (a.k.a. “Freeze”) Control — Use the tap tempo switch to freeze a small portion of the delay in a continuous loop.
- Deep Editing Functionality with the Neuro Mobile App. — Adjust additional parameters, save and share personal presets, and download bonus delay engines with the Neuro Mobile App.
- Complete MIDI Functionally — Send MIDI program change (PC), continuous controller (CC), or MIDI clock messages via the 5-pin MIDI DIN Input (also includes a MIDI Thru jack) or the USB port.
- Universal Bypass — Select either analog buffered or relay based true bypass.
- Expression Control — Assign expression control to any combination of knobs and program the depth and direction of each. Compatible with all Source Audio expression pedals, the Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller, and 3rd party 1/4” TRS (tip hot) expression pedals.
- External Switching Capabilities — Change delay presets with an external 1/4” TRS (tip hot) footswitch.
The Nemesis Delay is available for a street price of $299 USD.
More information: Source Audio