Spectrasonics has released version 1.7 of Stylus RMX, a groove-based virtual instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Spectrasonics has released Stylus RMX® version 1.7 featuring an innovative and completely new capability called ‘Time Designer™’ which intelligently transforms RMX audio loops into different time signatures and features the ability to “Groove Lock” the feel of any groove to another – all in real time. Time Designer also lets the user create instant pattern variations with smart algorithms based on musical rules, and to ‘simplify’ any RMX groove in a musical manner. Version 1.7 is also the first 64-bit native software release from Spectrasonics, includes all the new effects from Omnisphere and useful workflow enhancements to RMX, such as Suite Editing and Host Transport Sync.
Changes in Stylus RMX v1.7
- TIME DESIGNER:
- Worlds-first software to rearrange audio loops into different time signatures in real-time!
- Create instant Pattern Variations for any groove, with smart algorithms based on musical rules
- Groove Lock™ any RMX groove to another RMX groove’s feel
- Groove Lock™ to external MIDI files
- ‘Simplify’ control alters the pattern complexity of any RMX loop
- Strengthen or Loosen the feel of any groove.
- Browse core library in real-time with any time signature, feel or variation you need
- Time Shift can rush, drag or offset the groove in milliseconds or rhythmic values
- Grid Quantize and Swing controls
- Factory Groove Lock templates library includes legendary Akai MPC, SP-1200, TR-808/909, Latin, Blues, New Orleans, Breakbeat, Jazz feels
- Make your own library of Time Designer Presets with your own REX or MIDI Files.
- Time Designer works with Third Party and User REX/RMX libraries too!
- Greatly expands any RMX user’s existing library, with unlimited useful variations
- New effects from Omnisphere included: Formant Filter, Smoke Amp, Ultra Chorus, Retro-Phaser, Retro-Flanger, Chorus Echo
- 64-Bit native support on Windows (Mac 64-bit support to follow in a future version)
- Suite Editing for easy customization and improved ‘Favorites’ management
- Host Transport sync: RMX follows sequencer transport controls
- Song Position sync – RMX patterns follows correct song position of host
- Online video tutorials show production techniques of all the new RMX 1.7 features
Stylus RMX v1.7 with Time Designer is available now, free to all registered RMX users as a download from the Spectrasonics website.
Visit Spectrasonics for more information.