Spektro Audio has released version 2.1 of CV Toolkit, a software that uses different virtual modules to control, modulate and sequence your synthesizers via control voltage (CV).
These virtual modules can work independently or can bet set to influence and modulate each other via the Routing Matrix. With CV Toolkit 2, you can create anything from multi-channel rhythmic sequences to complete polyphonic patches.
The new 2.1 update for CV Toolkit is now available and it fixes some bugs related to the Expert Sleepers ESX-4CV/ESX-8CV compatibility, other bugs we’ve found in some of the virtual modules, and enhances some of the features related to the CV to MIDI CC converters.
CV Toolkit 2 is available for purchase for $19.99 USD.
Spektro Audio has also launched the Beats Pack, a collection of 5 new modules for CV Toolkit 2.
While CV Toolkit already includes many different sources of modulation, it only ever had very few virtual modules that were focused on creating gate / trigger sequences / rhythms therefore we decided to create the Beats pack.
The new Beats pack is a brand new module pack for CV Toolkit 2 and it features 5 modules : Binary Sequencer, Clock Quartet, Gate Sequencer, Sequential Rhythms and VC Random Gates.
Beats Pack features
- Binary Sequencer uses binary representations of the latin letters to create 8-step gate sequences. Each letter will generate a different sequence / pattern which can also be rotated and flipped via the panel controls and CV inputs.
- Clock Quartet uses 4 different clock dividers combined using OR logic (inspired by the Tiptop Audio Trigger Riot module) to create interesting sequences. Each of these clock dividers can be set to different rate, time shift, pulse-width and probability.
- Gate Sequencer is a simple and easy to use sequencer with separate sequencing layers for probability and pulse-width per step. The length of the sequence can be set from 4 to 32 steps.
- Sequencial Rhythms is a 4-stage switcher that can be sequenced to create interesting gate patterns. Each of the 4 stages include a clock divider that can be set to a specific rate / clock division. The built-in sequencer can be clocked internally, externally (via the Gate Bus), or controlled directly via the module’s CV input (CV Mode) and can be set to 3 different modes: FWD (Forward), BWD (Backwards) or RND (Random).
- The VC Random Gates generates musically quantized random gates. With Complexity at 0%, the module will have a 70% probability of generating quarter notes. As you increate the Complexity amount, the module reduces the probability of generating quarter notes and increases the probability of creating shorter notes (1/6, 1/8, 1/12, 1/16, 1/32).
The Beats Pack is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
Furthermore, a new CV Toolkit 2 – Complete Bundle is now available, comprising CV Toolkit 2 and all module packs available to date (Deluxe, Beats and VBrazil LFO).
While we believe that the new module packs are the best for users to expand CV Toolkit’s functionality and help us continue to develop and work on the application, we wanted to offer a easy all-in solution.
The new CV Toolkit 2 – Complete Bundle is an easy way for new customers to get everything that is available for CV Toolkit without having to get everything separately. Since we didn’t want to be unfair to our existing customers, we decided that the only benefit of buying the bundle would be that new customers will get the VBrazil LFO for free (which was also offered for free for all customers at first but is now paid).
The CV Toolkit 2 – Complete Bundle is $39.99 USD.