Spitfire Audio has announced the release of a virtual instrument made in collaboration with XL Recordings’ in-house producer-turned-composer Alex Epton (FKA Twigs, Björk, Arca).
The post-industrial soundscapes of Entropy offer a deep dive into the raw, chaotic nature of feedback.
Discover an inspiring spectrum of disorienting sounds that create both dramatic impact and eerie beauty — sweeping synths, pulsing bass drones, multilayered sound design textures and distorted percussive elements which evolve, unravel or detune as you play, instantly sparking new ideas.
The New York-based engineer, producer & remixer is a highly skilled beat-maker and sound sculptor, whose hybrid sound is exemplified in his acclaimed soundtrack, created with Lucinda Chua, for documentary film 3OHA, out now on SA Recordings. Inspired by the experimental techniques of musique concrète, Entropy was made from a unique combination of modular synthesis, granular synthesis, found sounds fed through self-built gear and pedals, and IR reverbs.
- 29 presets.
- Synthetic, Sound Design & Percussion.
- Available in Spitfire Audio’s award-winning, dedicated plugin.
- Reverb, Release, Delay, Chorus, Variation, Flanger, Phaser & Portamento controls.
- Available in our award-winning, dedicated plug-in.
- Featuring Epton’s custom-made spring, plate, hall and oil drum impulse-response reverbs.
- Designed for creating impact, tension, horror and beauty, for any setting.
- From contemporary electronic music to hybrid, modern film composition.
Entropy is available for 29 USD/EUR/GBP.
More information: Spitfire Audio