Spitfire Audio has announced the next title in the Originals series of virtual instruments. Felt Piano features a detailed upright piano with a beautiful delicate tone, performed by Jazz Legend Gwilym Simcock.
Felt Piano was previously available as a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Originals is a new series of instant writing tools, expertly recorded in the Spitfire way at various high-end studios (including AIR Studios, home of blockbuster scores) simplified and presented in our free, easy-to-use plug-in.
Clutter-free and focused, it features sliders for expression and dynamics, and a digital mod wheel that can be easily customised to the user’s personal workflow, as well as a selection of essential articulations, presets and controls. It’s the perfect next step from LABS, for anyone wanting to add a touch of Spitfire magic to their recordings.
Felt Piano features
- A detailed upright piano, with soft felt placed between the hammers and the strings for a beautiful, delicate tone.
- Condenser, Ribbon, and Hammers signals, for ultra-realistic attention to detail.
- Performed by jazz legend and Mercury Prize nominee Gwilym Simcock.
- Expertly recorded at Spitfire Studios, London.
- Seven curated presets, from dry and close, to reverberant and synth-like.
- ADSR and control over sustain pedal level.
Felt Piano is available for 29 GBP/EUR/USD. It runs in the Spitfire Audio App.
More information: Spitfire Audio