Spitfire Audio has announced the release of London Contemporary Orchestra Strings, a Kontakt Player instrument library that serves up everything needed to make cutting-edge strings music on a beautifully prepared platter, perfectly produced in partnership with the London Contemporary Orchestra.
Everything you need to make cutting-edge strings music. There is a shift in string writing that is becoming a global movement – based on innovative techniques and performance styles, it’s notoriously impossible to program with the tools currently available.
We’ve partnered with the London Contemporary Orchestra, whose work with the likes of Radiohead and Jed Kurzel (Alien: Covenant) has contributed significantly to this shift, to create a string library that gives you access to this unique, experimental palette.
This library contains multi-sampled violin, viola, cello and bass sections, and has been recorded at our dry stage in London. With a host of dynamically controllable, never-before-sampled articulations, this rich set of diverse recordings are both playable and musical, and will transform your work.
London Contemporary Orchestra Strings features
- The library comprises recordings of 6 Violins, 4 Violas, 3 Celli and 2 Basses with the Celli in octaves, all in a tight room.
- Over 100 articulations were captured across all sections.
- Unique ‘Detuned Open String’ instrument for all sections.
- Each articulation features:
- 2 mic positions, Close and Room.
- 2 individual stereo mixes, Full and Pumped.
- 2 additional, printed analogue FX.
- Integrated reverb, matched to the room, with control on the GUI.
LCO Strings for Kontakt & Kontakt Player is available for purchase for an introductory price of £239 GBP until 8:00 GMT on March 9th, 2017 (regular £299 GBP). Prices inc. VAT.