Sound Performance Lab has launched Iron, a hardware mastering compressor.
The IRON mastering compressor is not a copy of a classic unit, but rather an original concept in itself. Our goal was to conceive a compressor that provided a pleasant, melodic-sounding, transparent compression, inspired on the vintage compressors of the radio era. And we wanted it to be versatile enough to adapt perfectly to the needs of modern mastering studios.
Thus, the IRON combines not only the sonic virtues of legendary vintage tube compressors with the advantages of the High Dynamic 120 V operating voltage in a single unit. It also sets a new benchmark in terms of tube compressor technology, with the innovative implementation of a parallel dual-tube circuit.
- Variable bias tube compressor.
- Parallel dual tube circuit.
- Tube selection and pairing with Weigl Roe Test.
- Specially conceived Mu-Metal iron transformers.
- Feed-forward resistive vactrol-opto-isolator.
- Six different Rectifier settings available.
- Sidechain that allows you to choose between Off, four sidechain-filter presets or an external sidechain signal..
- All functions can be adjusted via switches or, in the case of the Threshold, with a detented potentiometer.
- In Link mode, the Threshold, Tube Bias, Attack, Release, and Rectifier parameters, as well as the Sidechain EQs, are controlled with the right side (channel 2) of the unit..
- Additional passive 120V equalizer with two presets.
- High Dynamic 120V operating voltage.
- Auto Bypass mode.
- Made in Germany.
Iron is available in red and black for 4,949 EUR incl. 19% VAT.