Stam Audio Engineering has introduced the SA-2A, a faithful reproduction of the classic Teletronix LA-2A compressor.
It has a fully discrete signal path and uses Drip’s Electronics T4B Opto-cell, Cinemag transformers and NOS 12AX7, 12BH7 and 6AQ5 tubes. The LA-2A is the most regarded and sought after compressor in the world that has been used on thousands of hit songs.
We have gone to great length to faithfully reproduce the natural compression and vintage characteristics by developing custom transformers to match the frequency response found on the original UTC transformers and using an identical Opto-cell from Drip Electronics to match the fixed attack and release response found in the original LA-2A. And, for the first time ever: It’s affordable!
- True to the original LA-2A 1968 Schematic.
- Drip Electronics T4B optical attenuator system.
- Custom Cinemag input and output transformers.
- 12AX7 (2), 12BH7 and 6AQ5 NOS Tubes.
- Completely discrete signal path.
- 10 milliseconds attack time.
- 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release.
- 0 to 35dB of gain.
- Compressor and Limiter mode.
- Less than 0.5% THD.
- XLR and TRS inputs.
- XLR and TRS outputs.
- Voltage switch selector (110V or 220V).
- Final assembly by hand in Chile.
- 1 year warranty.
The SA-2A is available for pre-order for $790 USD.