Steinberg has announced the immediate availability of its new UR24C audio interface. It is the latest of an entire line-up of UR-C USB 3.0 interfaces that are designed for musicians, producers and performers.
As with each UR-C interface, the UR24C provides USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1 SuperSpeed) connectivity to ensure universal compatibility with both PCs and Mac computers, as well as iOS devices. It features 32-bit/192 kHz audio resolution, MIDI and delivers DSP power for using effects when monitoring audio without latency.
Alongside the dspMixFx mixer that accesses the DSP effects — REV-X reverb, Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics — the UR24C comes with a comprehensive software bundle: the Cubase AI music production software, the Basic FX Suite consisting of effects and sound processing tools, native versions of the DSP effects (both VST 3 and AU compatible) and the Cubasis LE music production app for the iPad.
The UR24C features two balanced Neutrik combo inputs, high-grade D-PRE microphone preamps, two TRS main outputs, four RCA line outputs, and MIDI in and out.
Its specialty lies in the switchable monitor modes for headphones: DAW mode is used for producing music with a DAW, such as Cubase or Nuendo, where the signal from output 1 or output 2 is chosen as the headphone source while allowing the user to adjust the balance of the signals from the DAW and from the UR24C’s inputs; DJ mode is expected to be used for performances with DJ software and backing tracks where the signal is split so the mono master sound is output to the right side of the headphones and the mono cue sound to the left, also letting the user adjust the balance of both signals.
Steinberg’s Senior Marketing Manager, Stefan Schreiber, commented:
“With its build quality, first-class components and 32-bit/192 kHz resolution, the whole UR-C range of interfaces sets a very high standard. The UR24C includes all these competitive advantages, but also comes with a unique and flexible concept of monitoring that works both in the studio and on stage.”
- 32-bit Integer/192 kHz USB 3.0 audio interface with USB-C.
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power.
- 2 analog XLR/TRS combo inputs (Hi-Z switch on input 1 for electric guitar), 4 RCA line outputs and 2 TRS main outputs.
- Switchable monitor modes (DAW/DJ) change the function of the headphones output.
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics (VST 3 and AU plug-in versions also included) alongside monitor mix knob.
- USB 3.0 bus-power operation (optional power supply required for USB 2.0).
- MIDI input and output.
- Rugged metal casing.
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version and Cubasis LE for iPad and dspMixFx editor application for Windows, macOS and iOS.
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, macOS and iOS.
The UR24C audio interface will be available in the first quarter of this year for a suggested retail price of 249 EUR, including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg