Steinberg has announced the immediate availability of SpectraLayers Pro 7 and SpectraLayers Elements 7, the audio editing software for music production, post-production, sound design, mastering and restoration.
SpectraLayers offers a novel approach to precise audio editing by visualizing audio in the spectral domain (in 2D and 3D) and providing an array of powerful tools to manipulate its spectral data in many different ways.
New in Version 7 is the implementation of Artificial Intelligence that allows for the introduction of exciting new features, including automatic pattern detection, clip repair, unmixing tracks to stems as well as unmixing stems to component parts.
Other new automated processes include click repair, hum removal and precision spectral de-essing. These features are rounded out by an array of useful enhancements, such as the improved ARA 2 integration with Cubase and Nuendo, VST 3 plug-in support and much more.
SpectraLayers 7 features
- New Artificial Intelligence algorithms that can sense discrete events in a sound field and isolate them on independent, colorful layers for processing.
- Unmix tracks to stems to extract the different instruments to separate layers, such as vocals, piano, bass, drums, and more.
- Unmix components to deconstruct stems into tone, noise and transient component layers.
- Pattern finder to select a target sound and then automatically locate and select every other similar sound in the spectrum (Pro only).
- Voice Denoiser to recognize and isolate the human voice and then attenuate everything but the voice for maximum intelligibility (Pro only).
- Repair processes including AI-powered Click repair and Hum reduction (Pro and Elements) as well as Clip repair and improved Healing (Pro only).
- Improved Playback tool and Transform tool now featuring a new Transform Selection mode.
- Improved ARA 2 layer management creates new layers in the ARA environment.
- VST 3 plug-in support on a per-layer basis, in both standalone and ARA modes.
- Further improvements including customizable UI luminosity, a playback VU meter, rapid tool toggling, the ability to render a selected layer directly and much more.
Marketing Manager Luis Dongo commented:
“SpectraLayers is opening a new, significant chapter with this version. With its AI-powered tools and processes, such as its unmix capabilities that you really have to see for yourself to believe it, both the Pro and the Elements editions of SpectraLayers 7 take audio editing to a completely new level.”
Full-license retail versions of SpectraLayers Pro 7 and SpectraLayers Elements 7 are available for suggested retail prices of 299 EUR and 79.99 EUR, respectively. All prices include German VAT.
For a limited time, SpectraLayers 7 is also included in the newly released VEGAS Pro 18 from Magix.
Various downloadable updates and upgrades are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop. Customers who have activated SpectraLayers Pro 6 and SpectraLayers Elements 6 since July 6, 2020, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest respective version.
More information: Steinberg