Steinberg has announced availability of WaveLab Pro 10 and WaveLab Elements 10, the latest version of its audio mastering software.
The updated version now supports video playback, Reference Track, Audio Montage editing enhancements plus many other new features for mastering, editing, restoration and refinement.
WaveLab offers two editions of its award-winning audio mastering software. WaveLab Pro offers a comprehensive feature set that meets all demands of mixing and mastering studios, post-production facilities, sound designers, musicians, journalists, broadcasters and other audio creatives. Used by many musicians, radio journalists and podcasters, WaveLab Elements is a highly cost-effective editing and mastering environment for analyzing, editing and enhancing audio material.
WaveLab 10 offers several tools and enhancements that are exclusive to the Pro edition, such as allowing users to integrate external effect devices into the signal flow by providing more flexible ways to integrate external hardware effects. New to WaveLab Pro is also Reference Track for adding a reference audio file and then toggling between the reference audio file and other tracks. WaveLab Pro now also opens up to other audio editors, providing users the option to access and modify audio with other editors like SpectraLayers from within WaveLab. Highlights of Audio Montage include the support of multitrack recording and non-destructive inline editing. WaveLab Pro 10 also records and renders live input streams through the Master Section and the inserted plug-in chain.
Both Pro and Elements versions now offer video playback support, letting users arrange, edit and process the audio of video within Audio Montage. The Audio Editor now includes undo/redo edit history in order for users to move from one edit to the next and recover previous versions of edited part without losing the changes made to the rest of the audio. The former Effect Tool Windows has been redesigned and renamed the Montage Inspector, making it easier to use. The track list in the Audio Montage has also witnessed an overhaul, with several improvements to the user interface. Due to the enhanced audio I/O routing provided in WaveLab 10, the audio connections settings dialog has also been renewed.
Other additions to WaveLab 10:
- Import markers from XML files (Pro only).
- Move markers to their nearest zero cross position (Pro only).
- Increased number of effects and playback processing slots in the Master section (Pro only).
- New Follow Playback control in the Marker window of the Audio Editor and Audio Montage.
- New performance monitoring meter in the transport bar (Pro and Elements).
- Offset information now available in fade out tool-tip (Pro and Elements).
- Additional Riff meta data now available (Pro only).
- CD Tool Window now displays CD album title (Pro only).
- Option to remove all batch processor plug-ins from a chain at once (Pro only).
- Enhanced preview in File Browser.
- Real-time rendering with audition.
- Improved third-party VST plug-in support (Pro and Elements).
- Improved playback performance (Pro and Elements).
The WaveLab Pro 10 and WaveLab Elements 10 are available for a suggested retail price of 499 EUR (boxed) / 479 EUR (download). Until December 31st, 2019, the introductory price for WaveLab Pro 10 is 399 EUR. The suggested retail price for WaveLab Elements 10 is 99.99 EUR. All prices include German VAT.
Various downloadable updates and upgrades are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop.
Customers who have activated WaveLab 9.5 or earlier versions of WaveLab since September 17th, 2019, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest corresponding version.
More information: Steinberg