Steinberg has announced it is now shipping the CI2 – Advanced Integration USB Studio to countries in Europe.
The intuitive CI2 studio comprises a portable hardware unit as well as a dedicated version of the popular Cubase 5 DAW, Cubase AI 5. The CI2 hardware sports a straight-to-the-point interface that let’s you jack in your guitar and mic to get jamming right away. With its two-channel XLR/TRS combo inputs equipped with two sophisticated microphone preamps and phantom power, one HI-Z for direct guitar input, Line and Phones outputs, USB port and a footswitch connector for the awesome Interactive Recording feature, this interface leaves no wishes unfulfilled. The complementing controller section holds the required knobs and buttons plus, leaving the best to last as ever, features the innovative AI Knob powered by Steinberg and Yamaha’s Advanced Integration technology to enhance system performance and flexibility.
CI2 – Advanced Integration USB Studio features
- A no-worry full-system solution to record music at an unbeatable price point.
- Easy to use with the Project Assistant — especially for beginners.
- Browse functionality helps and assists throughout the project.
- Interactive recording functionality allows hands-free recording with the optional footswitch and the optional mic stand adapter.
- Advanced Integration system: totally integrated tactile control of the Steinberg Cubase range of production systems, maintaining complete focus on the project.
- Ultra-precision AI controller knob: “point and control” support: controls any Cubase, FX or VSTi parameter using mouse-pointer selection for exhilarating speed.
- AI-ready LED: when the LED lights up, the CI2 is ready to go! Instant plug and play — no additional setup or parameter assigning required.
- Two high-quality mic preamps with +48V phantom power with a fully USB-powered audio interface giving total freedom of mobile recording elaborate.
- Outstanding engineering and component quality: precision components, manufactured by Yamaha to exacting standards.
- Mac and PC compatible: cross-platform support for Cubase on Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Cubase AI 5 included: Cubase AI 5 is a special, compact version of Steinberg’s famed music production system. Based on the same technology as Cubase 5, Cubase AI 5 offers powerful yet easy-to-use software tools for audio recording, editing, MIDI sequencing and mixing — exclusive to customers of selected Steinberg or Yamaha hardware.
Shipping in North America will follow soon after on October 1 and throughout October in the rest of the world.
More information: Steinberg