Steinberg has released version 1.8.3 of Cubasis, a sequencer app for iOS.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. You can also open your Cubasis projects in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.3
- Implements latest Audiobus SDK (v2.1.5).
- MediaBay folders remember their state.
- Loading times of projects (subsequent loads) and undo/redo times have been greatly improved.
- Inserting Cubasis as input and output in Audiobus now works as expected again.
- Fixes a problem where triggering Cubasis with specific hardware controllers could lead to hanging and missing notes.
- Fixes an issue where the use of sustain led to hanging notes.
- Deleted audio events will now be restored correctly when performing Undo or project renaming tasks.
- Solves a critical issue where performing Undo on an edited audio file could result in data loss.
- Fixes a problem where trimmed audio events could not be restored to their original state.
- Cycle playback in audio editor now works as expected.
- Changing the locator position in the audio editor no longer results in start of playback.
- Fixes a rare issue where the playback in the audio editor could be started twice simultaneously.
- Playhead located in audio editor remains in its current position once playback has been stopped.
- Fixes a graphical issue that appeared at maximum magnification in the audio editor.
- The audio editor’s rewind button no longer triggers a playhead preview sound.
- Fixes a problem where selecting no instrument on an audio track renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Dropping files from the MediaBay onto frozen tracks is no longer possible.
- Fixes a problem where file renaming with special characters (such as emoticons) could lead to missing audio files.
- Undo steps remain available once a project has been renamed.
- Fixes a rare problem where no audio event is created after audio has been recorded.
- Glueing MIDI parts no longer restores hidden events.
- Switching from bars to seconds and performing zoom and scroll gestures no longer leads to fade out of the audio editor ruler labels.
- Several In-App help iOS 8 improvements.
- Scrolling the In-App help content on devices with iOS 8 now works as expected.
- Fixes an intermittent issue on devices with iOS 8 where the home button of the In-App help became non-functional.
- Fixes a rare problem where the Audiobus panel remained empty (app icons and controls were missing).
- AudioCopy rendered Cubasis unreliable.
- Use of Undo/redo lead in some cases to loss of audio file data.
- A problem with the positioning of automation events has been solved.
- Help typo correction.
The app is available for purchase for $49.99 USD.