Sonimus has released StonEQ 4k, a new Satson series equalizer effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
StonEQ 4k mixes the best of the 4000 EQ’s Brown version the Black version.
Differing from the hundreds of analog EQ emulations in the plugin market, StonEQ 4k has its own personality, color and behavior. It is not, nor does it try to be, a faithful emulation of the original EQ.
Let us demonstrate with an example: When using the “Width” control, you will notice that from 0% to 49% the equalizer is rather surgical — mostly used to “repair” audio as well as to eliminate unwanted resonances or frequencies. In this sense, the band behaves more like the Black unit. However, when employing a width from 50% to 100%, the band will become much more musical.
In addition, StonEQ 4k features its own unique form of saturation, ranging from subtle to aggressive.
StonEQ 4k features
- Refined analog style. Four bands and two filters:
- Highs: Featuring selectable high shelf or bell filter.
- High Mids: Ranging from 300 Hz to 7000 Hz.
- Low Mids: Ranging from 100 Hz to 3000 Hz.
- Lows: Featuring selectable low shelf or bell filter.
- Filters: Featuring low pass and high pass filters.
- Saturation Ranges from very subtle, passing through “warm” levels, all the way to levels approaching overdriven.
- Output to level the output volume.
- A/B switch for A/B comparison.
- Presets system to create and edit both user and factory presets.
- Support for HQ screen resolution (Retina)
- Optimized for real time usage
- Internal 64-bit floating point double precision.
StonEQ 4k (VST/AU/AAX) is available for the intro price of $49 USD (regular $59 USD).