Splice Sounds has launched Symphony, a soundset for the Serum synthesizer instrument by Xfer Records featuring hybrid orchestral instruments.
For this soundset, KSHMR and 7 Skies set out to create a soundbank that would inspire a new world of sonic possibilities.
Soundsets often provide you with gritty dubstep sounds, supersaws, and FM basses. But libraries with real instruments are often expensive and take lots of space — until now.
SYMPHONY enters uncharted territory for Serum. We’ve recorded and collected real instruments, synthesizing them into wavetables. The results are incredible.
The benefits of using wave tables and not “Noise” samples are many:
– No stretching of samples — the length of sounds is consistent at every key.
– Adjustable wavetable scan speed lets you shape the sound — impossible to do with a sampler.
– The sounds infinitely sustainable — you can hold any note for any amount of time.
- 161 presets for Serum, including basses, guitars, brass, strings, flutes, mallets, and ethnic instruments like sitar, koto, duduk, balalaika and more.
- Takes advantage of all oscillators, filters, and FXs. Using the Macros, Mod Wheel and Velocity will give you the inflections and expression native to each instrument.
- Includes 50 wavetables to incorporate in your own Serum patches. You can add strings to your supersaw or layer your bass with pizzicato — all within Serum.
The sounds are now available to Splice subscribers. Plans start at $7.99 USD/month.
New users sign up with coupon REKKERD20 to get 1 month free access to Splice Sounds.