Synapse Audio has released version 2.07 of its DUNE 2 synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
DUNE 2 was rewritten from scratch, in order to provide a yet higher sound quality and allow for an even wider range of sounds. New oscillators, new filters, new effects and graphical envelopes are just some of the new additions.
With a maximum reserve of 8320 oscillators at full polyphony, DUNE 2 is a true unison monster, unlikely to ever run out of oscillators.
Changes in DUNE 2 v2.07
- Wavetables are loaded on demand now, so having many installed is no longer an issue.
- Midi Smoothing parameter added, which allows to control Modwheel, Pitch Bend and Aftertouch smoothing.
- Reverb no longer eats CPU when idle.
- Filter gain knob no longer causes strong zipper noise.
- New Wavetables by Ingo Weidner added.
- [Mac] Installation should now work on older OS X 10.5.
- Bug fixes:
- [Mac] Using the VST and AU 64-bit versions within the same project could result in GUI issues, fixed.
- [Mac] Long wavetable names could cause crashes, fixed.
- [Mac] Program changes caused memory leaks, fixed.
DUNE 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs $169 USD. A bundle of DUNE and DUNE 2 is available for $198 USD.
More information: Synapse Audio