KV331 Audio has announced version 2.8.9 of its SynthMaster flagship software synthesizer. The update adds a resizable user interface, Retina screen support, undo/redo and new factory presets by Vandalism Sound.
SynthMaster is an ‘all-around’ semi-modular software synthesizer and effect plug-in that features many different synthesis methods including VA, Additive, Wavetable, Wavescanning, Phase Modulation, Frequency Modulation, Pulse Width Modulation, Ring Modulation, Amplitude Modulation, Physical Modeling and SFZ Sample Playback synthesis.
With its multi-algorithm oscillators, analog modelled/digital filters, flexible effects routing with 11 types of high quality effects and a massive modulation architecture with 95 separate modulation sources and 650+ modulation targets; SynthMaster is a ‘must-have’ for all synthesizer enthusiasts!
Changes in SynthMaster v2.8.9
- Resizeable UI: All of the default KV331 skins are now available at the following sizes: 100%, 120%, 140% and 160%. The plugin also automatically selects the correct size based on the user’s current screen size.
- Retina Screens: On Mac OS X, 100% and 120% size skins come with retina images which provide a clearer display.
- Undo/Redo: Parameter changes are now stored in an edit buffer providing unlimited levels of undo and redo.
- New Factory Presets: SynthMaster 2.8.9 comes with 70 new factory presets designed by Vandalism Sound.
- FX Tab redesigned: FX screen now displays effects in the correct order for Layer 1, Layer 2, FX Bus 1 or FX Bus 2.
- Added Windows keyboard handler for up/down/left/right arrows to the plugin editor window.
- Fixed minor UI issues.
- When importing MIDI into the arpeggiator, notes are now quantized.
- Fixed aliasing inside the Reverb algorithm.
SynthMaster (VST/AU/AAX) is available from KV331 Audio and distributor Plugin Boutique for $99 USD. The update is available to registered SynthMaster users. The demo version was also updated.