Tanager AudioWorks has released SongFrame, a song development toolkit designed to provide songwriters and recording musicians an integrated and comprehensive set of tools for writing and refining songs.
In addition to serving as an overall notebook for a songwriter’s ideas, SongFrame allows the user to construct songs using drag & drop icons representing song structure elements and then fully develop every aspect of the song within these. SongFrame is used before the songwriter ever fires up his or her Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) recording or sequencing software. As the name implies – SongFrame creates the framework, foundation and superstructure of a song prior to the recording, arrangement and production process. Think of SongFrame as a “pre-DAW” or a songwriting front-end to your existing recording or sequencing setup.
- Develop complete songs, including chords, chord progressions, melodies, lyrics, rhythms and song structures.
- Import all Guide Tracks and Markers showing every song section and chord change into any Digital Audio Workstation recording or sequencing tool.
- Audible Chord Library with 70 Chords per Key, find chord substitutes by shared notes and get suggestions based on surrounding chords and desired mood.
- Thousands of real chord progressions in every key to boost your inspiration – filter by musical genre, era, complexity and root movement. Just drag and drop right onto the chord track!
- Choose from over 500 drum patterns for each song section, or have SongFrame build the entire drum track for you with one click.
- Quickly record ideas using audio or MIDI.
- Highlight vocal or instrument ranges directly on the MIDI track or display the scale tones of almost 150 musical scales.
- Store SongBits in a dynamic Notebook – drop any past idea into your current song, or share ideas with collaborators.
SongFrame is available for Windows PC and costs $179.99 USD. A demo version is available for download from the product page.
Visit Tanager AudioWorks for more information.