Hal Leonard has announced The 11 Contracts That Every Artist, Songwriter, and Producer Should Know, a book by Steve Gordon, entertainment lawyer and author of The Future of The Music Business.
Steve Gordon is an entertainment attorney specializing in music, television, film and video, and has assisted countless artists to navigate the legal aspects of the music business. His new book, The 11 Contracts, is an in-depth guide that will help any songwriter or producer understand binding agreements and help them negotiate favorable deals.
This no-nonsense book follows a refreshingly simple format: Gordon presents a sample agreement and then breaks down the nuances of both the legal and business sides of the arrangement.
This book is for musicians, songwriters, content producers, bands and managers to better understand the most common, and important documents in the game.
The 11 Contracts features
- Subjects covered include:
- Management Agreements.
- Production Company and New Artist.
- Indie Label Deals.
- Sync Licenses.
- Producer Agreements.
- Music Publishing Deals.
- Composer Agreements.
- Live Performance Contracts.
- Music Video Production Contracts.
- Band Agreements & Business Actions Artists Can Take Without an Attorney.
- Investment Agreements.
- Online access to the following videos is included:
- Steve Gordon on music clearances and licensing.
- Steve Gordon and attorney Bob Celestin analyzing management, artist, publishing and producer agreements, and the art of hiring a music attorney.
- Future videos will feature Mark Offenbach of Redlight Management and Austin Rice of Atlantic Records speaking about the role of artist management and record companies in the music business today.
The book is available from the Backwing Store for $37.50 USD.