Musical Entropy has announced the release of The Great Escape, an organic, dynamic tremolo audio effect made in collaboration with Thrilltone.
The plugin models the original hardware all-analog pedal.
Instead of being just a standard but still very good sounding tremolo, the two of them feature an envelope detector which changes the speed and the depth of the effect with your playing.
Indeed, tremolo is a great effect, but we must admit that in most cases, it has this mechanical and repetitive behavior, which leads us to use it in a very occasional manner, with pretty smooth intensity… Now, thanks to the envelope detector, tremolo can be a very expressive audio effect !
The Great Escape features
- Highly versatile dynamic tremolo.
- 3 waveforms available: triangle, sinus and square.
- Speed up or slow down effect speed, with a simple pick’s hit.
- Reinforce or reduce effect’s intensity, with your playing dynamics.
- Finely set transition time with the dedicated “Release” knob.
- Optimized for all instruments, not just for electric guitars, thanks to “Threshold” control knob.
- Extra educational features to help users understand what is happening in the plugin.
The Great Escape is available to download in VST/VST3, AU, and AAX formats (64-bit only).
More information: Musical Entropy