Tokyo Dawn Labs has released version 2.0.0 of the TDR Nova GE equalizer effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
NOVA GE is a parallel dynamic equalizer. Appearing in the familiar layout of a parametric equalizer, the plugin also includes flexible dynamics processing options allowing the coverage of an impressively wide range of applications. Be it a master lacking density, the drum bus asking for more crispiness, or a sibilance problem in your perfect take: NOVA has an elegant musical answer.
NOVA GE includes a total of six dynamic EQ bands, each with independent dynamics processing ranging from downward compression over upward compression, upward expansion, up to downward expansion (incl. gating). Flanked by powerful highpass and lowpass filters, the processor covers a wide range of tasks.
Changes in Nova GE v2.0.0
- UI: resizable plugin-window, 3 different UI scales, “no display” mode.
- UI: Significant UI performance improvements.
- Analyzer: precision increased, faster reaction.
- Analyzer: source selection moved above the blue analyzer/threshold scale.
- Dynamics: New below/above threshold switches allow for upward compression and downward expansion.
- Dynamics: Ratio range increased to inf:1.
- Dynamics: New Lookahead option (fixed to 0.5ms).
- Dynamics: Added “Int SC (flat)” option to external sidechain menu to turn off Nova’s internal 3dB/oct sidechain filters.
- Smart Operations: New “Smart Operations” window replaces the old Learn/Operation menu.
- Smart Operations: New Freq Range and Amount control allow fine-tuning the extent of the selected operation.
- Smart Operations: New “Generate Multiband” operation.
- Controls: Grouping of continuous parameters now always relative.
- Controls: Added instance name editing dialogue to context menu.
- Toolbar: Settings dialogue updated.
- Option added: “Always render at highest quality”.
- New presets added.
- countless bugfixes.
TDR Nova GE (VST/AU/AAX) is on sale from Plugin Boutique at a 40% discount as part of a Black Friday Sale. The update is free to Nova GE users.
The free Nova Standard was also updated.
More information: Tokyo Dawn Labs