Tone2 Audio has announced the release of an update to the Electra 2 software synthesizer workstation.
Version 2.8 is a major update, which includes a large GUI with 6 different sizes, enhanced sound, higher performance, new features and lots of improvements.
The instrument is equipped with a high-end quality sound engine with multi-layer support and a wide range of music production features. It’s friendly, easy to use interface allows first-timers to easily create sounds and enables experts to delve into sound design as deeply as they want to. With Tone2’s high-end technology at its core, you’re not only working with the best sound quality possible but also a lower CPU usage and larger palette for creating original sounds than with any other type of workstation.
Changes in Electra 2.8
- A big interface is available beside of the normal scale now.
- It is possible to select from 6 GUI sizes by clicking on ‘SIZE’.
- The plugin detects the screen-resolution and selects the best size automatically.
- The filter-display, the osc-display, the lfo-display and the envelope-display are animated when automation or Midi-learn is used.
- Pitchwheel and Modwheel are animated when the patch-browser is visisble.
- Added Notarisation for the installers on Mac.
- Support for Code-Signing on the Mac, since new hosts may require it to be able to run plugins.
- Compatibility with MacOS Catalina.
- Completely new AudioUnit interface.
- The plugin and songs are loading, saving, opening and closing faster
- Better compatibility with other plugins
- More intuitive handling of sample-loops.
- Better descriptions for some tool-tips.
- Many small enhancements for the user-interface.
- Fixed some typos.
- More contrast for the pitch-wheel and mod-wheel in the patch-browser.
- More accurate timing for Midi-events.
- More accurate processing of Midi-pitchwheel.
- Slighly enhanced sound of PingPong, Delay and Delay-Diffuse by reducing the detuning.
- Enhanced sound and default-settings for Delay-Band and Multitap.
- Enhanced sound and performance of Reverb-Hall and Reverb-Cathedral.
- Enhanced sound-quality of sample-playback in high octaves.
- 32 bit on Mac is not longer supported. If you still use it, install Electra 2.7 instead.
- MacOS 10.7 is the minimum requirement now. If you still use 10.6 or 10.5, install Electra 2.7.
- Fixed a possible crash.
- Fixed a possible compatibility-problem with Cubase and FL-Studio where the screen was blank.
- Workaround for a well-known bug in Apple’s AU-manager: It is not longer necessary to reboot the Mac to detect the plugin.