Tone2 Audiosoftware has released a major update to its virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. Saurus 4 includes various GUI improvements, and more.
Finally, true analog sound does no longer require compromises! Saurus is an extremely authentic emulation of analog synthesizers. It covers all aspects of the most famous and expensive synths, but without disadvantages.
Changes in Saurus 4
- GUI with 20 different sizes (with and without keys).
- Native support for WQHD, 4K, 5K and 8K UHD displays.
- GUI can be scaled from 66% up to 300% by clicking in the lower right corner.
- Reworked and enhanced graphics.
- Smoother animations and more responisve controls.
- Support for hardware-acceleration.
- Ultrasharp graphics with enhanced HiDpi and Retina Display support.
- Automatic detection of the ideal GUI size.
- Completely rewritten GUI code.
- More contrast for the LCD displays.
- The animations are faster and smoother.
- Fine-tuned some coordinates in the interface.
- Re-sizing the VST3, Standalone and Audiounit works more reliable.
- Fine-tuned some colors.
- Removed the demo-version timeout and added a voice-over.
- Patch browser can now also be opened by clicking on ‘BROWSER’ or the display on the upper left.
- A finger is shown when hovering over ‘BROWSER’ to indicate that the control is click-able.
- The audio-engine now uses 64-bit precision instead of 32-bit, which results in a higher sound-quality.
- Slightly enhanced sound of the automatic micro-tuning.
- Enhanced sound of the Reverb.
Saurus 4 for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3, AU) is on sale for the intro price of $69 USD until April 21st, 2023. The offer is available at the Tone2 store and from distributor PluginFox.