Tone2 has released version 2.1 of Gladiator, a virtual instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac, supporting an exhaustive list of synthesis types.
Changes in Gladiator v2.1
- 3 new phase modulators for analog sounding pulsewidth modulation: PWM, PWM alt, phase shift.
- Added song position sync support for LFO 1/2 (‘bpm’ has to be set to ‘on’ and ‘retrigger’ to ‘off’).
- Added split keyboard support; new modulation sources: Low keys, High keys.
- Added new ‘split’ arp mode which applies ARP on high keys only and leaves low keys for basses.
- 18 new factory sounds.
- Drastically improved low notes oscillator sound.
- Improved reverb sound: Softer and more diffuse reverb tails.
- Improved psychoacustical processing.
- Improved spectral slope of low frequencies to reduce gibbs effect for more ‘analog’ sound.
- Improved sound quality of intelligent microtuning (IQM): Warmer sound for long release times.
- Extended dB range of master volume knob.
- Reworked existing factory presets: Warmer sound.
- Faster loading time of PC full version.
- Demo version: Nag Voice only every 9 minutes instead of every minute.
- Improved host compatibility: Cubase 4 & 5, Orion, Fruity Loops, Logic.
- Fixed (PC): Wrong version number was displayed in Cubase.
- Fixed: Microglitch in volume envelope.
- Fixed (Full version, Mac): ‘Demoversion’ instead of user name was displayed for 2 seconds after loading.
- Fixed (PPC Mac): ‘Spec format’ and ‘Spec clean’ modifier could output silence.
- Fixed (FUll version, Mac): ‘save all’ could crash Gladiator2.
- Changed (Mac): Focus of mouseover when ‘show editor’ was set to ‘off’.
Gladiator 2 is available now as an instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac (AU/VST) for 149 EUR / $199 USD. A demo version (10 minute time limited) is available from the product page.