ToneBoosters has released ReelBus, an analog tape simulation plugin carefully modeled after legendary Japanese and Swiss reel-to-reel recorders.
TB ReelBus is an analog tape recording simulator that aims at accurate simulation of all properties related to tape, including its frequency and level dependent saturation, inter-modulation effects, bias dependencies, tape hiss, asperity noise, wow and flutter, and clipping of electronic circuitry. It is especially suitable for bus processing (including the master bus) to subtly sweeten and enhance the sound.
TB ReelBus currently contains 7 preset recorder simulations, which can be adjusted individually by offsetting the tape hiss, asperity noise, amount of spectrum and saturation processing, and alike.
TB ReelBus features
- Very low-latency processing (only 4 samples delay) as a result of analog design.
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 up to 192 kHz.
- Adjustable record level with auto level makeup option.
- Accurate simulation of existing reel-to-reel recorders with different tape speeds.
- Adjustable tape hiss and asperity noise levels.
- Adjustable tape spectrum and tape saturation.
- Adjustable wow and flutter strength.
- Option to amplify bias strength for overbiasing.
- Simulation of both tape saturation as well as analog circuitry clipping.
- Calibrated analog VU meters.
- Each and every processing element carefully modeled after analog circuits and filters.
- Based on the VST 2.4 specification to allow compatibility with virtually all host programs.
ReelBus for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for 10 EUR.
ToneBoosters has also updated its effect plug-ins to version 2.6, featuring various improvements, additions and fixes.
More information: ToneBoosters