Toontrack has announced the release of Pocket Grooves, a comprehensive collection of drum beats spanning anything from soul, neo-soul and hip-hop to funk, disco, R&B and fusion.
The verse may have a tight hip-hop loop, the pre-chorus a subtle crescendo and, ultimately, the chorus may break out into a bombastic, full-on funk groove. This is just one scenario, but in a lot of modern music production, mixing and matching sound, style and groove is paramount to a song’s narrative.
With that and the modern, versatile songwriter in mind, drummer Brody Simpson created a conglomeration of grooves spanning anything from neo-soul to hip-hop, R&B, funk, fusion and pop – all performed flawlessly with the timing and nuance that only a great drummer can provide. Expect a tight, sturdy collection of drum grooves that will slide right into any modern song scenario. The perfect toolbox for any writer!
Pocket Grooves features
- Drum MIDI inspired by soul, neo-soul, hip-hop, funk, disco, R&B and fusion.
- Played by professional session drummer.
- A total of 489 individually played files.
- Tempos ranging from 77 BPM to 135 BPM.
- 4/4 and 6/8 in straight and/or swing variations.
The Pocket Grooves MIDI pack is available for purchase for 25 EUR.