Toontrack has released version 1.0.4 of its Beatstation sample-based software instrument, and version 2.0.9 of EZmix, the mixing tool for Windows and Mac.
This update is recommended for all users but particularly for those running the latest operating systems released by Microsoft and Apple. It is required for Pro Tools 11 compatibility.
Changes in Beatstation v1.0.4
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10.3.5 or above.
- Fixed: When “Drag MIDI as Audio” was enabled, dragging MIDI could lead to a crash if the sample rate was higher than 44.1 kHz.
- Fixed: Beatstation could freeze when the Swing knob was rotated.
- Fixed: In standalone mode, when using external displays on Mac OS 10.9, the window could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen.
- Fixed: Non-functional sound libraries should no longer be listed as available.
Beatstation is available to purchase for 99 EUR / $129 USD.
This update is recommended for all users but particularly for those running the latest operating systems released by Microsoft and Apple.
Note that version 2.0.9 is required for the support of EZmix packs released from this point forward (2014).
The following is a summary of changes that occurred in the last 6 months spawning several releases.
Changes in EZmix v2.0.9
- Optimized CPU usage for presets that use an Octaver effect.
- Fixed: In Audio Setup in the standalone on Mac, some audio device names were truncated.
- Fixed: When using Save As in the 64-bit standalone host on Mac OS 10.7 or newer, there were sometimes double dialogs asking if an existing file should be overwritten.
- Fixed: The file name pattern is now correctly displayed as “*.ezmp” in the Save As dialog in the standalone (previous versions had it as “*ezmp”).
- Fixed: Loading EZmix in GarageBand X should now use the same location for user preferences and favorites as when it was loaded in other hosts.
- Fixed: Small adjustments to the way effects are displayed to the user in tooltips.
- [v2.0.8] Fixed: The level could be totally silent or distorted with certain presets on Mac PPC when using some effects introduced in version 2.0.7.
- [v2.0.7] Fixed: The AAX should no longer crash on Windows if ProTools has used more than 2GB and a second instance is added to the project.
- [v2.0.7] Fixed: In standalone mode, when using external displays on Mac OS 10.9, the window could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: Changing “Report Latency to Host” now does a fade-out and a fade-in for a better experience.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: “Pan” should no longer be listed more than once in some shape control descriptions or tooltips.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: Text that should have been bold was not bold on Windows, for example the browser headers.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: In the Create Account dialog, the country text field has been replaced by a dropdown menu.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: Small adjustments to the way effects are displayed to the user in tooltips.
EZmix 2 is available to purchase for 139 EUR / $179 USD.
More information: Toontrack