Toontrack has released version 1.2.0 of EZkeys, the virtual piano instrument and songwriting tool for Windows and Mac.
This update is recommended to all users running Windows 7/8 and Mac OS 10.9 or above. Note that version 1.2.0 is required for the support of EZkeys packs released from this point forward (Q3 2014).
Changes in EZkeys v1.2
- Various internal changes required for the Mellotoon.
- Added time signature 11/8.
- Dynamics settings now affect mouse-clicking of the keys.
- Checkboxes are now possible to toggle by clicking on their texts.
- Browser entries now have tooltips and long entries are properly truncated.
- When playing a file in the browser, it is now possible to change position in the playing file.
- The loop area in the time bar should be easier to hit with the mouse now.
- Improvements to song block snapping.
- With a trackpad on Mac, horizontal scrolling of the song track is now much smoother.
- New authorization dialogs – already registered serial numbers are automatically retrieved from the server.
- Fixed: the scissors would sometimes become graphically stuck on the song track.
- Fixed: add9 could not be added to a 13 major chord.
- Fixed: changing a chord that has its third as bass note (for example C/E) from major to minor or from minor to major now also changes the bass note accordingly (C/E becomes Cm/Eb).
- Fixed: when the song track was exported as MIDI, key signature was not saved.
- Fixed: sympathetic resonance would sometimes not be correctly working after a change of sound library.
- Fixed: after dragging MIDI from EZkeys, the next mouse click in the interface would be ignored.
- Fixed: the displayed chord is no longer reset and pressed keys are no longer graphically released after 5 seconds of inactivity.
- Fixed: song block MIDI is no longer drawn on different vertical positions depending on which sound library is loaded.
- Fixed: MIDI files from folders named “Endings” are now marked as Outro when dragged to the song track.
- Fixed: menus that were opened close to the bottom edge of the screen would open above the window (Mac 64-bit).
- Fixed: in the standalone, when using external displays on Mac OS X Mavericks or later, the window could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen.
The EZkeys update is now available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX).