Toontrack has released version 2.1.0 of its EZmix 2 mixing tool for Windows and Mac.
This update is recommended for all users but particularly those running the latest operating systems released by Microsoft and Apple. Note that version 2.1.0 is required for the support of EZmix packs released from this point forward (Q2 2015).
Changes in EZmix v2.1.0
- The standalone has been redesigned and allows an effect chain of up to five instances of the plug-in.
- A tuner has been added in the plug-in (though not in the Demo or Lite versions).
- Added support for a few new effects – graphically, a Sampler unit has been placed on one shelf.
- Filters are now saved in projects.
- The metronome in the standalone can now play triplets.
- Improvements have been made to the authorization dialogs – for example, if a product is already registered to your account, you will no longer need to type in its serial number when authorizing online.
- First instantiation of the plug-in has been made faster.
- The standalone should no longer crash when you try to use an input or output channel with a number higher than 32.
- In Audio Setup in the standalone, selected input channels are no longer reset when you select a different output device.
- With certain sound cards on Mac, starting the standalone after having used a DAW at a sample rate other than 44.1 kHz, the sound was distorted.
- Some old preset names have been slightly adjusted, for example “12Bit” was changed to “12-Bit”.
EZmix 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for $179 USD.