Topten Software has released version 1.2 build 1256 of Cantabile, a simple, easy to use VST host, MIDI recorder and audio recorder.
Designed primarily for real-time playing of virtual instruments, Cantabile includes a highly optimized audio engine to minimize system load and reduce audio drop outs.
New in v1.2 build 1256
- New option to set the default MIDI output device
- New option allows pass-through of unhandled incoming events to a selectable MIDI output port
- New option allows pass-through of all incoming events to a selectable MIDI output port
- The default behaviour of routing all output MIDI to all enabled output ports has been removed
- Minor changes to MIDI routing to maintain consistence when muted or soloed
- New toolbar button to stop audio engine
- Fix for incorrect tool tip in Windows Recording Mixer toolbar button
- Fix for inability to turn-off update checking in some cases
- Improved update check
Cantabile costs $25 USD and a demo is available for download. The demo only runs for 1 hour before requiring restart, it won’t reload saved session files and only records in 16-bit audio.
You can also try the completely free, unrestricted Cantabile Lite. Check the features page to the differences between Cantabile and Cantabile Lite.
I like to use Cantabile Lite when testing plugins, it’s light and easy to use. (that’s why most screenshots of GUI-less plugins at rekkerd.org have the Cantabile GUI).
Visit Topten Software for more information.