Tsugi has announced a major update to its GameSynth, a sound design tool geared towards games and movies.
GameSynth 2022 offers many specialized synthesizers to generate all the sound effects needed in games and animations: impacts, whooshes, footsteps, engines, particle-based sounds, environmental sounds, voice effects and more. It also provides a patching environment to build sound effects synthesizers by connecting over 130 modules together.
GameSynth is a revolutionary sound design tool that uses the latest advances in procedural audio to help you create amazing sound effects. It offers many unique features aimed at game, animation, and movie production, like the automatic generation of sound variations.
When coupled with the GameSynth run-time engine (sold separately), it can be integrated to your game as a powerful audio middleware; the perfect solution to fight repetition and increase audio interactivity while saving memory.
GameSynth 2022 features
- 1,000+ sound models in all styles in the repository.
- 15 new modules in the patching environment: Horn, Parametric, Stutter, Wavefolder, Drifter etc.
- New LFO shapes, Noise types, Formant parameters and more.
- 8 new effect racks in Voice FX: Clipper, Comb Filter, Frequency Shifter, Limiter, Resonator, Spectral Delay, Stutter, and Tube.
- Import of SVG files and new scripting functions in the Sketch Pad.
- New audio exporters (GameMaker Studio, Audacity).
- New animation curve importers (GameMaker Studio, Live2D).
- New module selector to quickly add modules by type, name, status etc.
- Partial playback to instantly check audio signals going through wires.
- New wire context menu to speed up patching.
- Snap wiring and automatic modules reconnection.
- Automatic .wav rendering for different meta-parameter values.
- Updated automatic export to game middleware (Wwise, FMOD, …).
- Perceptual feature map to find similar sound models.
- Audio analysis to find sound models close to wave file.
- Patch search based on used modules.
- Improved random patch creator.
- Variation detection in the run-time exporter.
GameSynth for Windows is on sale at a 30% intro discount, priced $273 USD instead of $390 USD until April 30th, 2022. The update is free for existing users.
More information: Tsugi