u-he has announced that version 1.0 of its Hive synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac will be released on June 2nd, 2015.
We wanted to let you know about a small update to the release plan for Hive. Normally, we extend the introductory price for a couple of weeks after release, but with the recent addition of a reseller program we needed to make some changes. On release day the $99 (+VAT in the EU) introductory price ends and the regular price will be $149 (+VAT in the EU).
To make sure that you have the chance to get Hive for $99 before it changes, between now and June 2nd (12:00PM midday Berlin time) you can buy and download the Hive ‘release candidate’. This version is the same as Hive 1.0 that will be publicly available on June 2nd. All presets, features and bug fixes included. The only difference between the two versions is the price!
- Very low CPU usage.
- Switchable audio characteristics (normal, dirty, clean).
- 2 main oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators.
- Up to 16x unison for each of the 4 oscillators for “super” sounds.
- 2 multimode filters.
- Step sequencer and arpeggiator.
- 12 slot modulation matrix with 2 targets per slot, 4 envelopes (ADSR), 2 LFOs.
- 7 built in effects.
- Single screen interface.
- Over 2700 great sounding presets including TREASURE TROVE.
- Available as VST2, AU and AAX.
Hive is available for purchase for $99 USD until June 2nd, 2015 (regular $149 USD).