u-he has released version 1.0 of Presswerk, a dynamics processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Presswerk is u-he’s vision of a compressor, blending the tone and warmth of classic hardware models with modern features.
The interface gives you quick access to all the controls, with a diverse feature set that lets you tweak every detail of your sound.
Presswerk is a compressor toolkit rich with musical soul that also packs a punch when you need it.
- 3 different detection topologies: feed-forward, feed-back and interactive (mix of FF and FB).
- Dual channel (stereo) or two independent channels.
- M/S (Mid-Side) mode – for more detailed stereo processing and delicate mastering tasks.
- DPR (Dual Phase Rotation) mode – creates an emulation of classic outboard gear phase response by rotating lower and mid frequencies at input and output stages.
- Adjustable Non Linear control – simulates the behaviour of specific compressors or gain-reduction circuits.
- Sidechain ready with 6 / 12 dB high pass & low pass filters.
- Pre or post compression stage saturation with variable “warmth” (tilt filter style) and “dynamics” to model the distortion behaviour of the FET-based voltage dividers from classic devices.
- Presets for common compression tasks (eg. mixdown, ducking, vocals).
- User interface zooms in 10% steps.
- 32 & 64-bit VST, AU, AAX.
- and more…
Presswerk is available for purchase for $129 USD.