u-he has released release candidate 5 of version 1.2 of its Satin tape emulation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Users familiar with analogue recording gear should instantly feel at home with Satin, and digital afficionados will also learn to love the magic of tape – Satin invites you to explore and find out for yourself.
Changes in Satin v1.2 RC5
- Azimuth control for the Repro head.
- Pro Tools AAX support.
- Greatly reduced overall memory consumption.
- Much faster GUI loading time.
- Value display now shows parameter units.
- Added MIDI IN activity LED.
- Added Undo / Redo.
- Added ‘Same as’ feature for “Circuit” & “Compander”.
- Added new Analyzer options via right-click (eco / fast / glow).
- Added choice of gamma adjustments to GUI editor for brightness control (right-click on GUI).
- Added HD UI Images for use on large or high resolution displays (see Extras folder in .zip).
- Added UI scaling in steps of 10%.
- Added Blinking Bypass button.
- Mouse Wheel can be rastered (For rastered mouses to ensure integer steps) -> right-click on a knob or slider.
- Reworked Installers for OS X and WIN.
- Updated manual.
- Added many other small improvements to Software and GUI.
- Many bug fixes.
Satin for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $129 USD (excl. VAT in EU). Version 1.2 rev2564 (RC5) is available to download from the u-he forum at KVR Audio.