Universal Audio has announced the release of version 9.11 of the UAD Software for its audio interfaces and UAD accelerators.
The update introduces the new Avalon VT-737 Tube Channel Strip, an exacting emulation of the Avalon VT‑737 analog channel strip.
The dominant player in chart-topping pop, hip-hop, and R&B productions, Avalon’s flagship VT-737 channel strip is the best-selling standalone channel strip ever made. From Jay-Z and Dr. Dre, to Babyface and Beyonce, to Eric Clapton and The Rolling Stones, the VT-737 delivers consistently polished results, with radio-ready gloss and detail.
Exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, and fully endorsed by Avalon Design, the Avalon VT-737 Tube Channel Strip plug-in captures the entire hit-making essence of the channel strip that defined the sound of modern music.
Avalon VT-737 features
- VT-737sp exclusively licensed by Avalon Designs, modeled by Universal Audio.
- Made famous as the ultimate R&B and Hip-Hop performance and production tool specializing in tight, focused vocals and bass guitar.
- Best of Avalon’s designs: high headroom tube mic preamp, optical compressor, and discrete four-band EQ.
- Feedback-style 58 dB tube mic preamp with Mic, Line, or Hi-Z input with Unison technology.
- Models entire VT-737sp circuit path, including transformers, tube amplifiers, passive inductor based filters, and optical gain reduction.
- Compressor Sidechain Unlink/Link and EQ Pre-Dynamics, EQ Sidechain filtering, Hi Q and Frequency multiplier.
- Physical input impedance and front panel control of Gain staging and other preamp parameters via Unison.
The Avalon VT-737 Tube Channel Strip plugin is available now for $299 USD / 299 EUR.
The updates also includes the Sonnox Oxford SuprEsser DS, which gives you transparent, precise linear phase de-essing with near-zero latency when tracking in real time.
A dynamic, powerful tool, the Oxford SuprEsser DS plug-in’s spectral display and intuitive controls makes identifying and surgically eliminating unwanted sibilance or harshness easier than ever.
The Diezel VH4 Amplifier plugin masterfully emulates this four KT77-equipped 100-watt high-gain beast for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces.
Introduced in 1994, the VH4 amplifier was Diezel’s maiden voyage — a 100-watt beast that dropped jaws with articulate cleans, dynamic distortion, and frothy high-gain tones. Still a modern tone giant 25 years after its release, the Diezel VH4 is ubiquitous in heavy rock and metal productions, used by Tool, Metallica, and tons more.
SuprEsser DS and Diezel VH4 are 249 USD/EUR and 149 USD/EUR, respectively.
More information: Universal Audio