Universal Audio has launched the UAD Software v9.7 update, bringing new plugins and various enhancements and changes to the software for UA Audio Interface and UAD-2 products.
Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb and Effects — $349 USD
The new Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb and Effects plugin aims to capture the complex space, texture, and otherworldly reverb tails that can enhance or transform vocal, guitar, synth, or drum tracks from mundane to heavenly.
Now available exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb and Effects Plug-In is the world’s only Lexicon-endorsed emulation of this classic studio reverb — expertly capturing its unique, infinitely moldable ambience and modulation splendor.
Released in 1986, the Lexicon 480L Digital Effects System and its iconic fader-driven remote control are recognized the world over, residing at the center of famous studio consoles for more than 30 years. The 480L’s spacious reverb and vivid effects textures are a coveted sonic benchmark, helping to shape thousands of chart-topping tracks to this day.
In addition to Lexicon’s prized reverbs, the Lexicon 480L’s random time-varying “Effects” algorithm — available for the first time ever — provides dramatic reverse, doubling, tremolo and chorus sounds. Combined with its unique four-voice Twin Delay algorithm, the Effects algorithm turns the 480L into a versatile multi-effects system with unending creative potential.
Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb and Effects features
- Licensed and endorsed by Lexicon, featuring their pinnacle achievement algorithm designs.
- Provides the essential sound and control set of the legendary Lexicon hardware.
- Enduring Lexicon reverb and effects derived from final software version 4.10 including Plate, Hall, Room, Random, Ambience, Twin Delays and Effects algorithms.
- UAD plug-in recreates iconic desktop “LARC” remote with logical workflow improvements.
- Includes over 100 artist presets from Spike Stent, Chuck Zwicky, Eli Janney, Ian Boxill, Jacknife Lee, and more.
Universal Audio has also released plug-in titles from its direct developer partners Softube, AMS Neve, and Brainworx.
Softube Vocoder — $199 USD
Vocoders have been used to stunning effect, transforming human voices into various forms of robot speak on hits by Herbie Hancock, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk, Afrika Bambaataa, and countless modern producers.
Developed by Softube, exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the Softube Vocoder plug-in takes its sonic cues from the best analog vocoders of the past, while adding new features to take the iconic effect into the future.
Softube Vocoder features
- Generates iconic robotic vocal textures with classic analog vocoder tone.
- 12-voice polyphonic carrier synth with multiple waveforms and selectable octave.
- Freeze function can be DAW-synced to clock division, or controlled via MIDI.
- Variable bands (4, 8, 12, 16, 20) offering vintage to modern vocoding effects.
- Notes and chords can be entered in real time with the built-in keyboard or via MIDI.
AMS Neve DFC Channel Strip — $299 USD
The AMS Neve Digital Film Console is the ultimate, purpose-built console for multi-format film dubbing and TV post production.
Used to mix Oscar-winning soundtracks and countless hit TV shows, the AMS Neve DFC resides in the world’s leading post-production houses, most notably Skywalker Sound and Warner Bros. facilities. Available exclusively for UAD-2 and UA Audio Interfaces, the AMS Neve DFC Channel Strip plug-in offers access to the exact same DSP algorithms from the leading modern post-production console.
AMS Neve DFC Channel Strip features
- Access the sound of the AMS Neve Digital Film Console channel strip, the same used in the world’s premier motion picture facilities.
- Four bands of fully parametric EQ, plus two bands of 4th-order filtering.
- Compressor, Limiter, Expander, Gate, and Dynamic EQ.
Suhr SE100 Amplifier — $149 USD ($99 USD for owners of Suhr PT100 Amplifier Plug-In)
Developed by Brainworx and fully endorsed by John Suhr, the Suhr SE100 Amplifier plug-in perfectly captures the original amplifier’s tonal array, expertly emulating its custom “plexi-style” transformers and EL34-powered output section.
The Suhr SE100 Amplifier plug-in is available exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces.
Suhr SE100 Amplifier features
- Exacting emulation of the original Suhr SE100 tube amp, authenticated and endorsed by John Suhr and Doug Aldrich.
- 120 advanced Impulse Responses (IR) to catch all styles and genres from high-gain to creamy-clean sounds.
- FX Rack includes host-syncable lo-fi delay, noise gate, tight and smooth filters, and power soak with pre and power amp bypass.
- Physical input impedance and hands-on gain staging with Unison™ technology.
Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic — $99 USD
Built on the same high-end analog mastering chain as its big brother, the bx_masterdesk plug-in, the Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic plug-in offers powerful, easy-to-use controls for a self-contained mastering environment so you can effortlessly produce high-level masters.
Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic features
- Full-fledged, professional analog mastering chain.
- Built and tuned with years of mastering experience by Brainworx founder Dirk Ulrich.
- Focuses on essential user interface elements for maximum control and ease of use.
- High-quality, field-proven audio processors, for easy and effective results.
UAD Software v9.7 is now available.
More information: Universal Audio