Ilya Efimov Production has released Uilleann Pipes, a new ethnic folk instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Uilleann Pipes are the national bagpipe instrument of Ireland. It’s unusual and complex in its construction, requiring from a player quite a bit of mastering. Seven playable reeds – the chanter, drones and regulators provide the instrument’s unique blend, harmonic structure, sweeter and quieter sound.
In the library Ilya sampled two full octaves for the chanter – main instrument’s reed, – including fast and slow legato notes, as well as other articulations like vibrato, staccato and mordents. There is also a special range on keyboard for playing regulators and regulators’ chords to accompany the chanter’s melody with simple harmonic backing. Plus Ilya designed suitable ways to turn on/off the drones, bellows noise and other bagpipe FX, which helps to provide the realistic sound of the library.
With this library a complicated instrument, like the Uilleann Pipes, now becomes easy to incorporate in your music.
Uilleann Pipes features
- 576 MB ncw compressed format.
- 750 samples, 44,1 Hz/24-bit, stereo.
- 2 natural legato types: normal and glissando.
- 9 different articulations.
- Two vibrato types with amount and speed control.
- Two staccato types with 6 round-robin each.
- Reassignable keyswitches and MIDI-controllers.
- 3 modes of legato performance.
- Drones start, tune and volume control.
- Chromatic scale for regulator keys.
Uilleann Pipes for Kontakt (full version) costs 59 EUR.