Umlaut Audio has announced the release of uBEAT, a new beat creation tool for Native Instrument Kontakt.
uBEAT is a dynamic new drum loop library that combines a traditional MIDI file library with an eight-pad drum machine-style instrument. It offers an intuitive workflow and three distinctive styles to choose from – modern hip-hop, pulsating electro and genre-bending hybrid.
Ideal for quickly adding beats to any production, uBEAT lets you easily load MIDI loops along with their associated kits. Endless variations of new loops can also be created by swapping out kits and their individual sounds. To make beats all your own, simply drag and drop MIDI files into your sequencer for extensive modification.
“We’re really excited about uBEAT because of its versatility,” remarks Anne Juenger, co-founder and COO of Umlaut Audio. “For example, a composer can use it to create high-quality beats in a time crunch, or a producer can really dig into playing with all its settings to make something completely original.”
Not just a sonically appealing instrument, uBEAT features color-coded drum pads for easy visual grouping of sounds. It also has a built-in “help view,” allowing for quick reference without deviating from your work. The software is NKS-ready and additionally provides production-ready factory presets as well as a unique FX Chain setup.
“uBEAT covers a wide range of sounds and gives you a powerful user interface,” comments JK Swopes aka SaintJoe of SoundsAndGear.com, one of the leading experts when it comes to music production and sound gear. “The kits are ready to go into your productions immediately, plus you have full control over each kit with dedicated effects chains that let you dial in your desired sound. You also get plenty of beats to spark ideas with the ability to drag them into your DAW for further customization and tweaking.”
Designed to let you jam out like none other, uBEAT is equipped with a world of beats in a sleek package.
- Dynamic MIDI loop library with an eight-pad drum machine-style workflow.
- 45 preset kits and 90 MIDI loops per instrument.
- MIDI drag and drop functionality with a dedicated file browser for MIDI loops.
- 1 GB sample library and 700+ individual hits (Bundle), with all sounds categorized by sound type.
- Color-coded drum pads for easy visual grouping of sounds.
- Built-in help view for quick reference of instrument features.
- Instant customization of preset kits by swapping out sounds with others in the same category.
- Production-ready factory presets.
- Unique FX Chain setup with eight separate FX Chains, Global FX and Send FX.
- Conforms to NI’s Native Kontrol Standard (NKS).
uBEAT Hip-Hop, uBEAT Hybrid and uBEAT Elektro are sold separately for $99 USD each, or together as the uBEAT Bundle for $199 USD.