Psychic Modulation has released its new audio effect plugin Undertow, a “Beat Bending Dub Box” that is designed primarily as a multi-effect unit for beats and drum loops, with consideration for other uses such as synth, bass and even vocals.
Regardless of what kind of sound you put into Undertow, it will boost your low-end bass frequency, crossfade the signal into a Speaker for lo-fi telephone EQ, and warm up the resulting tone with a Saturation Driver.
Then pass your treated signal into the Echo for some dubby, phased out delays. Finally, you can go wild with the Bend Modulator, which will rhythmically shape the overall effect using phase-locked waveforms with adjustable start position for creating things like pumping drums and basslines, gated delay feedback, phaser and flanger effects, echo melting, spatial effects and more.
- Tone Booster: Bass Frequency Enhancer.
- Speaker: Telephone EQ Mixer.
- Saturation Driver.
- Echo: Analog tape style dub delay unit.
- Phase Filter: All-pass Delay Filter.
- Bend: Beat Specific LFO
- Ducking and Pumping.
- Feedback Gating.
- Echo Pitch Warping.
- Phaser Modulation.
- Flanger Effects.
- Spatial Effects.
- Sub Presets for each FX section.
- Randomization controls for each effect section.
- MIDI Learn and automation of most parameters.
- Double-Click Parameter Reset.
- Intuitive patch management system.
- 128 presets to get you started.
Undertow is available in VST and AU plugin formats. It is on sale for the introductory price of $39 USD (regular $49 USD). Prices ex. VAT where applicable.
More information: Psychic Modulation