Universal Audio has announced the release of UAD Software v9.12 for UA audio interfaces and UAD accelerators.
The update introduces the Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ plugin, a precise emulation of the coveted British channel module that combines the Neve sound with extended EQ and Unison preamp integration with Apollo interfaces.
The engine powering a handful of rare Neve 80 series consoles, the Neve 1084 channel amplifier and EQ is a lusted-after audio masterpiece. Its class-A preamp offers signature Neve clarity and character, while its colorful palette of EQ options take it several steps beyond the famed 1073.®
Exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ plug-in impeccably emulates the luxurious analog character, warmth, and extended colors of this flagship 1970s British channel module.
Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ features
- Get the world’s only authentic plug-in emulation of the classic Neve 1084 channel amplifier and EQ.
- Harness extended EQ options on vocals, drums, synths, guitars and more.
- Texture and EQ your mix with classic Neve tone, including all 10 clipping points from the vintage ’70s-era hardware.
- Inject “air” or notch out offending frequencies with EQ curves beyond the 1073.
- Get the full character of the original hardware’s class-A, dual-stage mic preamp with Unison™ technology.
- Mix with artist presets from Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead) Jimmy Douglass (Pharrell, Timbaland) Joe Chiccarelli (Jason Mraz, Beck), and more.
The Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ plugin costs for 299 USD/EUR.
Available to download for Windows and Mac, the UAD v9.12 update also brings Retina graphics for select UAD plugins on Mac, and various other UAD plugin and Apollo enhancements.
More information: Universal Audio